Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Always the last minute

Working like a dog because I have two shows coming up--Wickford and Westport. Of course now that I'm going nutso I wish I hadn't taken it so easy over the winter. A lot of artists are like me, we need a deadline to start working.

Anyway, I am hoping to complete 4 paintings by the end of next week plus a handful of small studies as well. One of the paintings is a large 24 x 36 intimate landscape which happens to be one of the most complicated I've ever attempted. It's called "The Secret Garden" and I'll post pictures when I get further along.

The little studies seem to sell well at shows. They're 5x7 and I sell them unframed for $50. It allows people to purchase some of my work even though they can't afford the larger pieces.

No comments: