Friday, July 13, 2007

And sometimes you're the windshield...

I got one of the most exciting e-mails I've ever received today. Actually it was in my spam folder and I luckily gave the contents a quick glance before I emptied it. It was from American Artist Magazine informing me that one of my oil paintings that I submitted to their 70th Anniversary Art Competition was a semifinalist. It's this one, "Morning Light."


This is really unbelievable because they get thousands if not tens of thousands of entries. They will either publish it in their December issue or on their web site.

Maybe I should bring a few more prints of it to Westport!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the piece for AA magazine! That is a nice feather for your cap. Even in thumbnail size it's easy to see why it was selected.

Anonymous said...

This is really a beautiful painting. Great work.