Thursday, July 5, 2007

Countdown to Wickford

I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like the weekend will be gorgeous. However, there will be rain on Thursday and Friday (hopefully not during Friday setup) so some flooding in our booth spaces may be possible. I have to make sure to bring the battery operated bilge pump and hose!

People who don't do outdoor shows don't think about the weather much, but when you are doing them, it can make or break you, not to mention be downright dangerous. Thunderstorms and high winds come to mind. There's nothing more miserable than trying to pack up in the pouring rain.

Anyway, I have almost finished "Secret Garden." I don't think I'll do a garden again. Too much work and looking at this painting, I think it's just one thatched roof away from Kincade.

No comments: